Friday, October 7, 2011

Finally! Finished reading the Dresden Files, yay!!


This is for books 1-13


I started this series because it was recommended to me by a friend as being the "adult" Harry Potter and I am a huge HP fan. Though there was no Hogwarts or He Who Must Not Be Named, there was Harry Dresden and his band of merry friends. From the beginning, I was plunged into Harry's Chicago and taken on a glorious ride. For me, this was realistic (to an extent) and believable (to another extent). Harry had issues and more troubles than you could shake a stick at and things didn't always go his way which made him more lovable, more real. I laughed out loud more than once during each book and even cried a time or two. I got so attached to the characters that I thought of them as MY friends and when something happened to one of them, good or bad, I felt it. These books kept me up late a lot of nights because I didn't want to stop reading, wanted to know what was going to happen next. If you are looking for a story that will warm your heart and bring a smile to your face, that's loaded with lots of action and magic, please read this series. You won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment